South Carolina and North Carolina Divorce Attorney
Guiding clients through the legal maze of divorce allows me to capitalize on my passion for helping people through challenging circumstances and finding a resolution to the problems that make the best of a difficult situation. While I have often found myself working with friends and family to resolve conflict and work through difficult issues, I wasn’t always sure if family law was the right path for me. My first taste of family law came while working with a family law attorney in Charlotte. Through that experience, I quickly realized that family law was the perfect fit for me and my career.
Divorce is a difficult life event that leaves individuals with more than just emotions to manage and is never easy, even when the decision to separate is a mutual one. When faced with that situation, I believe that you need someone that will listen to you, discuss your needs and feelings, and help guide you through that difficult process. No divorce is the same, and no client is the same. Each client has their own unique circumstances and unique emotions that they must work through. My job and goal in representing my clients is to determine what those unique circumstances are, understand the emotions, determine what the specific needs and goals are, and then to formulate a plan, with the input from the client, for moving forward.
I was born and raised in Morgantown, West Virginia where many of my family members still reside. I graduated from West Virginia University in 2009 with a Bachelor of Science in Public Relations. While at West Virginia University, I was a member of Alpha Omicron Pi sorority and a member of the WVU Debate Team. After graduating from WVU, I moved to Charlotte to attend law school where I held the position of the 4th Circuit Governor for the American Bar Association’s Law Student Division, served as editor in chief for the Charlotte Law Docket and completed over 140 hours of pro bono service.
Prior to joining the team at Krusch & Sellers, P.A., I practiced family law with firms in Union and Mecklenburg counties. I am active in the community, serving as the chair of the Lawyer Referral Service Committee for the Mecklenburg County Bar, serving the Mecklenburg County Family Law Section through the planning and coordination of various events and activities, and serving as the co-chair of my neighborhood’s social committee.
I look forward to helping you through the process and reaching a resolution that allows you and your family to move forward.
Areas of Practice
- North Carolina, 2012
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 2012
- South Carolina, 2017
- Charlotte School of Law, Charlotte, North Carolina – Juris Doctor, 2012
- West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia – Bachelor of Science in Journalism, magna cum laude, University Honors Scholar, 2009
Honors and Awards
- Gold Key, American Bar Association Law Student Division 2012
- Star of the Division, American Bar Association Law Student Division 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association Member – Family Law Section Member; Young Lawyer Division Member; Lawyer Referral Service Chair and former Committee Member; Bar Leadership Institute Class of 2018
- Lancaster County Bar Association Member
- West Virginia University Alumnae – Charlotte Chapter, Member
- Mecklenburg, Union, and Cabarrus, North Carolina
- Lancaster and York, South Carolina