Charlotte Family Law Specialists
Request a Consultation 704.343.8811

Unborn Children: People or Property?

FertilizationWhen a married couple decides to go through the fertilization process and freezes embryos, what happens if they decide to separate and divorce? What is the legal status of those frozen embryos? After divorce, if a woman uses the frozen embryos to get pregnant and then has a child, will the ex-husband be on the hook for child support? And from a moral standpoint, are the embryos people, or property? Read this article for more in depth information.